Mortgage advice for expats
Are you an expat looking for help with financial advice and/or purchasing a house in the Netherlands? We can provide you with expert advice and support throughout the entire process. We offer a first intake to discuss your situation and explore your mortgage potential. Furthermore, we have experience in working with expats from all over the world, and can provide you with tips and tricks to help you understand the Dutch fiscal system and how it applies to you. Contact us today and let us help you to realize your dream of owning a house in the Netherlands.
Are you an expat in need of financial advice?
We specialize in giving financial advice to expats from countries including China, India, UK, Brazil, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Poland, Romania and Italy. Our team has worked with clients from the University of Twente, Braskem, Unilever, Thales, Adyen, Booking, Takeaway and various startups. Whether you are a knowledge migrant, a PhD candidate, a medical specialist, a junior doctor, or a healthcare professional with a BIG registration, you are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.
During the intake (by phone, in person or via video call), we will provide you with tips and tricks to help you purchase your own home in the Netherlands. We will look at every step involved in the process and can get you in contact with a purchasing realtor. At the end of the intake, you will know:
- if you can get a mortgage
- what the different mortgage types are
- the maximum mortgage loan you qualify for
- your monthly expenses
- how much money you should save
- what you need to know about taxes
- and which purchasing realtor can help you
Our Fixed Fee
For €2,500, we will help you with the application for the perfect mortgage. Together, we will set up your Financial Requirements List and look for a mortgage that matches your situation. You pay us €400 in advance for the file costs. You pay the remaining amount after closing the mortgage.
What You Can Expect From Us
We will provide you with personalized guidance throughout the entire process. You will receive tailored advice. We will connect you with several experts, such as a real estate broker, notary, and translator. In addition to mortgage advice, we can help you assess potential income risks and help you decide if a life insurance or disability insurance is necessary. We will also provide advice on all types of non-life insurances, such as home, car, and liability insurance.
Steps to owning your home in the Netherlands
If you are looking to buy a home in the Netherlands, the following steps should be taken:
- You will get a concept of the purchasing contract. We will review this for you.
- You and the seller have to sign the purchasing contract.
- There is a mandatory 3-day reflection period.
- If it is possible, we advise you to negotiate a financing reservation of at least 4 weeks in case the bank declines the mortgage application.
- Probably you will have to deposit a bank guarantee of 10% of the purchase price and transfer it to the notary.
- Decide on a suitable mortgage type, bank, and length of fixed interest rate. We can advise you in this.
- Apply for a mortgage quote from one or more banks. We will do this for you.
- Upload the documents required for the bank to assess the application.
- We receive a mortgage quote and review the details with you.
- Obtain a valuation report from an independent broker to determine the market value of the house. We can arrange this for you.
- Sign the mortgage quote and accept the binding offer.
- The bank will send instructions to the notary.
- Sign two deeds with the notary (delivery deed and mortgage deed). A translator has to be present at the notary’s office. We can help you find one.